Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Inspiration and ideas!


I loooove Calla Lilly it's my favorite flower. I decided to base my entire wedding around that flower! I used the colors in the flower, which are white, green and yellow. Now using that inspiration I decided that those colors will work best in a spring or summer wedding. And just like that my idea was born! I wanted green and white flowers (calla lilies of course) and cakes and grass to create an over all clean & fresh feeling, I saw it perfectly in my head but as I tried to explain this concept to my mother, a few friends and my then fiancée, they just couldn't see it! So I had to get creative, I searched magazines and the web for pictures to convey my thoughts to them and then I stumbled upon this idea. An inspiration board! aha!

What is an inspiration board?

It's a form of collage, where you can find pictures of things you would like at your event and put them all together on your board. Creating an inspiration board for your event is a great way to visualize all of your thoughts. There you can play around with your colors, flowers, decorations, etc. You can put pictures of cakes you like, table decorations, entertainment, favors gift bags, quotes and more! This will make it easier to convey your idea/theme to your vendors and others that maybe helping out with this event.

It’s easy! Grab a poster board from a local craft store or $1.00 store , some glue…and you are armed. As you begin to think about your event cut out pictures in magazines or off the web of things you like,if you see an invitation or thank you card that you like, put it on your board. You don’t have to be fancy…if you like blue then you can just get a blue crayon or marker and put it on your board. Be sure if you are having dresses made then add a color swatch on your board. This small idea will be very helpful; it will help you get your ideas out of your head and on paper. It’s up to you, you can add as much or as little as you like.

Remember inspiration is all around you, just look around and take pictures! As you put thoughts and pictures on your board it's easier to bring your event together.

No comments:

Post a Comment