Sunday, March 6, 2011

Oh this is ladies night!

One of my favorite parties to put together is the traditional ladies nite! It doesn't require much planning at all, just grab a few friends, your favorite cocktail and some form of entertainment and there you have it! Just like that you have the recipe for fun times. This type of party is so flexible...it doesn't even have to be at night! Traditionally women got together for Tupperware or hen parties in an effort to get away from the house, men and children...the goal is still the same today.

When you mix good friends and cocktails fun is sure to follow. We have had some really great ladies night events, some of our ideas were:

Belly Dance Lessons- I held this at the house....I hired a dance instructor from my daughter's school to come out and teach me and 30 of my closest friends to belly dance! I served a light menu, something like tacos will work just fine.....but I think the best ingredients were the jell-o shots I passed out at the door and the jolly rancher martinis...yum!

Chair Dance Lessons- I attended this at one of my friends house. It's was so much fun, we laughed all evening long. The ladies and I learned a sexy dance routine and the instructor even gave us a CD with the music to take home after the party. This was another easy one....requirements: food, cocktails, chairs, music and friends.

and lastly Game Night....This can be presented for any group. Grab some interactive board games and have some fun! I personally like Taboo and Guesstures, these are great for group competition and participation. To add to the fun be sure to place a friendly wager at the start of the game!

These are all really inexpensive ways to have a good time, you can even have everyone bring a dish or beverage so that no-one gets hit with a hefty cost.

What are you waiting for....grab your girlfriends, some wine, music and have fun!


No comments:

Post a Comment